If you would like to open up a large portion of a wall to make an indoor/outdoor setting possible, you will want to take a close look at the products offered by LaCantina. This brand leads the way in helping building owners and designers create amazing open spaces between the inside and the outside world.
But which LaCantina door is right for your needs? As you can see by browsing their product offerings, there are many different styles to choose from, each coming with some specific advantages. In this post, let’s take a look at some of the key factors to consider when making your choice.
What Do You Want to Accomplish?
This project starts not by looking at the products in the LaCantina lineup, but first by thinking about what you want to accomplish with this project. How would you like to transform the space? Whether it is a commercial or residential property, you need to first think about the end goal before working back to decide which door is right for you.
LaCantina Doors make it possible to open up an entire wall to the outside. This is an incredible transformation, but is it what you want to do in your building? Or would you rather just have a larger door to make it easier to move in and out, without opening up the entire wall? You can accomplish nearly any design goal with LaCantina Doors, so create a clear picture first and then look for the solution.
Understanding the Basic Options
There are three general categories of doors available from LaCantina. Those are as follows –
- Folding. These are large door systems that can open up a large section of a wall – or the entire wall – to the outside. As the name would indicate, the sections of the door fold up on each other, leaving a stack of panels on each end with the middle left wide open.
- Sliding. This is the same concept as a traditional sliding door, only on a much larger scale. Rather than a single sliding panel that may only be a couple of feet wide, LaCantina Sliding Doors are large installations that can be scaled for big spaces. Sliding doors offer the advantage of not having a stack of panels on each end like a folding system, although they won’t be able to open up as far in some situations.
- Swing. For a large swinging door, you’ll want to look at that category of LaCantina products. Swing doors aren’t going to do the same job as a folding or sliding setup, but they can still open up a large section of wall and will work well for certain applications.
No matter which style of door you select for your project, it’s good to know that you’ll get the quality you expect from the LaCantina brand in each and every model. This is a trusted brand with an excellent reputation in the industry, so you can expect long-lasting performance from these products.
Once you have a big picture understanding of what the options are and how they could work for your project, it will be time to focus on the details of how the finished job will actually come together. Specifically, think about how the space will be designed and used. Here are a couple of examples to help get the wheels turning –
- For a residential project where a wall is to be removed in order to open up an indoor/outdoor living setting, think about where your furniture will be located. Will you have room for a stack of panels on each end if you go with a folding system? If not, it might be necessary to pick a sliding system to keep the footprint as sleek as possible. Or, if you simply want to open up as much of the wall as possible, the folding option may be the way to go.
- For a commercial project, such as a restaurant, the practical side of day-to-day operations should be your focus. How will the staff need to move around the space, and where will customers be moving to and from? You’ll want the door system you select to open up the space without getting in the way.
The possibilities with LaCantina Doors are virtually endless for both residential and commercial properties. Only when you dive into the details of your specific use case can you figure out which of the three styles is right for your project.
Let’s Get Started!
We hope this article has helped you narrow down your list and determine which LaCantina door is right for you. Of course, if you still need help, our team will be happy to assist. Simply contact us today for a free estimate, or for answers to any questions you may have. Thank you for considering The Window Store!